Home / World / English News / St. Boniface fire likely caused by improper candle use, Winnipeg firefighters say – Winnipeg

St. Boniface fire likely caused by improper candle use, Winnipeg firefighters say – Winnipeg

Improper use of a candle is likely to blame for an accidental fire at a four-unit residence on Dumoulin Street, Winnipeg firefighters say.

Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service crews were called to the scene just after 3 a.m. Thursday, where they found smoke inside the building. Firefighters were told a resident had been able to extinguish a fire in their suite.

One person was assessed by paramedics at the scene and sent to hospital in stable condition.

Firefighters say Winnipeggers should take special care when it comes to using and disposing of candles.


Click to play video: 'Holiday candle safety tips'


Holiday candle safety tips


 

Story continues below advertisement

 

 

News Source link

Check Also

A N.S. community forced to cross dangerous highway daily may finally have hope – Halifax

Residents of a mobile home park in Lower Sackville, N.S., are pleading for a better …